Tuesday, August 24, 2010

first post of the last English class!

Hi new English class!
I still don’t make any serious evaluation or revision of how my first term experiences were, even I had the intention. So this post is not going to be really elaborated.
If I had to tell the truth I’m not really focused on the studies. I go to the classes, I take notes, and I pass my subjects, but I’m not a high level student.

I was thinking about what matters to me, and maybe it is not the “relevant things” that you can learn talking about specific contents, it is more about the experiences and perspectives that your are constructing, and the abilities that you can develop when you listen and see carefully at different people…

In that perspective, if I do a really strict evaluation of myself, I’m not the best… but I’m working on it. There is a phrase that in English doesn’t sounds so pretty, but it has a lot of meaning, is “in a community we teach each other” or help each other, or we are masters to each other, and that implies giving and getting personal knowledge.

Most of the time I’m doing things to the church group where I work. And in that level I learned a lot on it the past term. I learned more about how guide a pray, and staffs like that. Not really relevant in the university context, but well, important enough to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment